Pages

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Belvoir 3R's Reclaimed, Recycle, Raw Sculpture Trail

Today I met Laury Dizengremel who is the Belvoir Castle & Estate Artist in-Residence, she along with other artists have during the last 2 weeks created a new sculpture trail alongside the Grantham Canal towpath, most of these sculptures you can see from NCR 15 along the Woolsthorpe- Muston railway line as they sit within the trees between the railway line and the grassed towpath.
One of the most accessible from the NCR 15 is by art student Hannah Satchwell who I met today whilst she was putting her finishing touches to her "Doors" installation.
I spoke to Laury about the group possible opening up small areas of the vegetation so the sculptures can be seen from the NCN as well, this is something we can look at doing in the near future.
The trail will be officially unveiled around the grassed towpath area near the Rutland Arms (Dirty Duck), Woolsthorpe-by-Belvoir this Saturday (30 April), 14:00.
More on the trail can be seen on Laury's website here.

"Doors" by Hannah Satchwell

No comments: