Pages

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

24 June Signing Ride

Leaving work on the Sunday morning in the rain a few hours before the ride was due I really did think the weather had beaten us this time, but within an hour the cloud soon broke up to expose the sun and show the blue skies.
With the signing ride starting at the Station Road/Harlaxton Road junction I was soon joined by a new  volunteer, let me introduce you to a new member of the group John McCarthy who has recently been signed up as a volunteer ranger. John and myself have already done two rides together to look at a route allocation which has now been decided, John has agreed to be an additional "eyes and ears" of NCR15 within the Grantham town centre and heading west along the canal to Woolsthorpe-by-Belvoir.



Heading west from Station Road along NCR15 to Woolsthorpe-by-Belvoir we put up additional signs and replaced ones that had gone a stray, overall the signage was good.
Finishing at Woolsthorpe top lock this gave us a chance to look at the new lock gate which had only been installed a few days earlier.




A reminder that the next workday will take place on Sunday 1 July, this time looking at painting the millenium milepost on Running Furrows Gate.
Full details can be seen at http://granthamrangers.blogspot.co.uk/2012_05_01_archive.html
I do hope you can come along and join in, I look forward to seeing you soon.

No comments: