Pages

Monday, May 12, 2014

Workdays for May & June

Firstly many thanks again for another great turnout on the last workday, 27 April on the old rail path to open up the access point. Despite the threat of rain this didn't deter Peter and John joining me in making real improvement to the route and for the users off.


I was going to plan for the next day to be down Running Furrows Gate with us looking at the hedges and nettles which have recently put on growth, however in the last 2 weeks Barry and Marcus (Sustrans Maintenance) have done all that is required and done a great job too. I met them on the last visit, last Tuesday and thanked them, we also discussed the next visit for them in June/July which will see Barry and Marcus grass cutting NCN 15 from Muston- Woolsthorpe Top Lock.


Anyway I've put forward the following dates, a mix of week and weekend dates and job listings where confirmed, any unconfirmed I'll be in touch nearer the time. This will take us through to mid June where I think a few weeks break will be taken for us to enjoy the summer and I'm sure le tour de France. We'll return to workdays, etc from mid July.

Friday 23 May, 18:00- 20:00 (2 hours max)
Meet near A1 flyover, Harlaxton Road, Grantham.
Map here.
Cutting back off overhanging branches and ground vegetation at the entrance towards the canal towpath.
Bring any tools suitable for the job in hand, gloves and ranger vest.

Friday 30 May, 18:00- 20:00 (2 hours max)
Meet at Green Lane cycle path entrance off Belton Lane. (Near Belton Lane Primary School)
Map here.
A ride out of Grantham up through Londonthorpe to the proposed NCN 15 crossing over the High Dyke road, an opportunity to look at possible ideas for crossing and routes out of town.

Sunday 15 June, 10:30- 12:30 (2 hours max)
Details here.

Saturday 21 June, 10:30- 12:30 (2 hours max)
Details here.

I look forward to seeing you soon.

No comments: