Keeping Grantham's Sustrans Rangers & Volunteers regularly updated with news, features and events
Monday, February 9, 2015
08/02/15 Workday Review
Bob, Peter and myself soon got stuck in with the task in hand, with the vegetation along Running Furrows Gate having died down over winter the path was in need of a clearing up of the litter that had been accumulating for a while and was easier to get too. Working the full stretch up to the Running Furrows stream we soon had 8 full bags (as supplied by SKDC), 1 scooter and a hammer drill and quite a few conversations of support from users of the path.
To end the session a new addition to the workdays this year as I brought my Jetboil stove along as well as some tea and coffee supplies, after a matter of minutes hot tea was welcomed. I'll keep bringing the Jetboil along to our workdays, so if you have a favourite mug or want anything different than tea and coffee such as cup-a-soup, hot chocolate, etc. then do bring it along.
The next workday* is in a fortnights time on Sunday 22 February 10:30- 12:30, I'll be in touch this week with location and working details.
*I'm thinking that seat could do with a spruce up once it get's warmer!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment