***UPDATE 09/03/2015***
My apologies for not getting back to you all sooner, the upshot is that the proposed date of Saturday 14 March is being pushed to another date towards the summer. Our meeting with the Tennis Club went very well with lots of ideas being born especially with regards Jon Moody's cycle training. Before and during the meeting they had realised what was once a small idea has grown bigger and needs more time to get their head around what they want and when.
We are still offering our services and information and once I know a date for definite then I will be in touch ASAP.
The Sustrans HQ last week was contacted by a committee member of the Grantham Tennis Centre with a view to seeing if Dr Bike services could be offered to them at the centre for the clubs members.
Filtering through HQ to Dave Clasby (Smarter Choices Manager) at Nottingham the proposal was put forward to Jon Moody (Schools Officer- Grantham/Sleaford) and myself, Jon has agreed to help out and new group ranger Wayne Priest has offered to assist him on the day having enrolled on a Cytech Level 2 training course in the near future.
I shall be meeting Jon and club member Ian Gordon next Monday to action a plan towards the clubs requirements, the club has said they would be happy to back up the Dr Bike with information on Sustrans, NCN, cycling and walking. So the proposal is to take along our stock of information that I hold to have one of our information stands.
The proposed date is Saturday 14 March, I should know by next Monday if this is the case and what sort of times we are looking at.
Obviously I can't confirm the date yet but if this is something you would be interested in helping out on the stand then this would be great to have you on board. Once I've got in touch with you again next week then you can let me know of your interest or not.

No comments:
Post a Comment