With a possible 30 riders expected at 11:30 from Newark at the Old Forge Tea Rooms in Muston I made sure I got my order in early, on time a group of 22 riders led by Newark Sustrans ranger Tony Eyres piled in for refreshments having just cycled down that morning from Newark along NCN 64 and 15.
Half an hour soon passed and it was time for myself to lead the group with Mike helping Newark ranger Rodger sweep up at the rear towards Grantham travelling down NCN 15 along the ironstone line and Grantham canal. Taking in a short cut past the rail station we soon found ourselves on the riverside path heading through Wyndham and Queen Elizabeth Parks towards the Lion Gates of the Belton House Estate.
Once in the park Belton House could soon be seen with the group taking in further refreshments in the courtyard. I left the group here but I am sure they are all home by now and putting there feet up.
A splendid ride with good weather (not to hot) and I am sure this like the other Newark Sustrans Fresh Air Mile Rides earlier this year will be repeated next.


No comments:
Post a Comment